The following terms (these “Payment Terms”) govern payments you make or receive through www.limelightapp.com (the “Site”), operated by Limelight App, L.L.C. (8 Liberty Place, Medford NJ, 08055 USA). Limelight App, L.L.C. and its subsidiaries are collectively referred hereto as “LimeLight” “we” or “us”.
Please read these Payment Terms carefully before making or receiving payments through the Site. By making or receiving payments through the Site, you accept and agree, on behalf of yourself or on behalf of your employer or any other entity (if applicable), to be bound and abide by these Payment Terms. These Terms are supplemental to LimeLight’s General Terms of Service as applicable (collectively, the “Terms of Service”).
Capitalized terms used but not defined herein shall have the respective meanings given to them in the Terms of Service.
LimeLight Balance is the aggregated amount of your Revenue as a Light and/or returned payments from canceled orders as a Lime and/or your LimeLight Business Balance (as defined in the LimeLight Business Terms of Service).
Payment Services Provider(s) are service providers that provide payment services to Limes and Lights in connection with the LimeLight platform, including with respect to collection of funds from Limes in connection with purchases, remittance and withdrawal of funds to Lights, currency exchange services in connection with payments and withdrawals in local currencies, and the holding of funds in connection with LimeLight Balances.
Revenue is the money that Lights earn from completed orders and can either withdraw or use to purchase on LimeLight, subject to these Terms.
- Each Posting you sell and successfully complete, accredits your account with revenue equal to 80% of the purchase amount.
- LimeLight accredits Lights once an order is completed. See the “Bookings” section in the Terms of Service for a definition of a completed booking.
- If an order is canceled (for any reason), the funds paid will be returned to the Light’s LimeLight Balance.
- Lights are responsible for paying any direct or indirect taxes, including any GST, VAT or income tax, which may apply to them depending on residency, location or otherwise, under provisions of their jurisdiction. Lights represent and warrant that they comply, and will comply at all times, with their obligations under income tax provisions in their jurisdiction. The price shown on the Posting page is inclusive of all such taxes and charges that may apply to the Lights.
- Appointment as Limited Payment Collection Agent: Light hereby appoints LimeLight as Light’s limited authorized payment collection agent solely for the purpose of accepting payments (via its Payment Services Provider, if applicable) from Lime, and remitting those payments to Light. Light agrees that payment from Lime to LimeLight shall be considered the same as a made directly to Light. Light’s payment obligation to Light will be satisfied upon receipt of payment by LimeLight (or its Payment Services Provider, as applicable), and LimeLight (via its Payment Services Provider, as applicable) is responsible for remitting the funds to the Light in the manner described in these Payment Terms. In the event that LimeLight (via Payment Services Provider) does not remit any such amounts to Light, the Light will have recourse only against LimeLight and not the Lime directly. Light agrees that LimeLight may describe or otherwise reflect the terms contained herein in any terms of service, receipts, disclosures, or notices including, but not limited to, receipts provided to Limes that LimeLight may deem necessary or prudent.
- LimeLight partners with Payment Services Providers for purposes of collecting payments from Limes, transferring such payments from Limes to Lights, and holding funds in connection with LimeLight Balances. All payments services in connection with the withdrawal of funds on the LimeLight platform are performed by LimeLight’s Payment Services Providers.
- To withdraw your revenue, you must have an account with at least one of LimeLight's Payment Service Providers for the withdrawal methods listed below. All funds eligible for Withdrawal will be held on your behalf at an account with LimeLight’s Payment Services Provider. All payment services, including withdrawal services, will be provided by LimeLight’s Payment Services Provider.
- Your LimeLight profile can be associated with only one account from each LimeLight withdrawal method. A Payment Service Provider withdrawal account can be associated with only one LimeLight profile.
- Revenues are only made available for withdrawal from the Revenue page following a safety clearance period of 14 days after the order is marked as complete.
- Lights may withdraw their revenues using one of LimeLight’s withdrawal options (see Withdrawal Section below regarding payment terms). To withdraw your available revenue, you must click on the designated withdrawal provider to initiate the withdrawal process.
- For security concerns, LimeLight may temporarily disable a Light’s ability to withdraw revenue to prevent fraudulent or illicit activity. This may come as a result of security issues, improper behavior reported by other users, or associating multiple LimeLight accounts to a single withdrawal provider.
- Withdrawals can only be made in the amount available to you.
- Withdrawal fees vary depending on the withdrawal method.
- Withdrawals are final and cannot be undone. We will not be able to reverse this process once it has begun.
- In certain cases, Lights may withdraw Revenues in several different currencies. All currency exchange services in connection with such withdrawals are performed by LimeLight’s Payment Services Providers. Your LimeLight Balance is always derived from its US$ value and, therefore, the local currency amount of your LimeLight Balance may change daily in accordance with exchange rate fluctuations and also includes conversion fees. Lights always have the option to withdraw Revenues in US$.
- Lights will be able to withdraw their revenues from disabled accounts after a safety period of 90 days following full verification of ownership of the account in question, from the day of the last cleared payment received in their account and subject to LimeLight's approval.
All withdrawals are subject to fees set by Stripe.
* Additional fees may apply based on your location and currency.
- Lights pay commission to LimeLight from a Light’s Posting page LimeLight partners with Payment Services Providers for purposes of collecting all payments from Limes, transferring such payments from Limes to Lights, and holding funds in connection with LimeLight Balances. All payments services in connection with the collection of funds on the LimeLight platform are performed by LimeLight’s Payment Services Providers.
- LimeLight serves as Light’s limited authorized payment collection agent solely for the purpose of accepting payments (via its Payment Services Provider, if applicable) from Lime, and remitting those payments to Light. Light’s payment obligation to Light will be satisfied upon receipt of payment by LimeLight (or its Payment Services Provider, as applicable), and LimeLight (via its Payment Service Provider, as applicable) is responsible for remitting the funds to the Light in the manner described in these Payment Terms. In the event that LimeLight (via Payment Services Provider) does not remit any such amounts to Light, the Light will have recourse only against LimeLight and not the Lime directly.
- In most locations, purchases on LimeLight can be made by using one of the following payment methods: Credit Card, PayPal, LimeLight Credits or existing LimeLight Balance. Additional payment methods may apply in certain locations.
- You may not offer Lights to pay or make payment using any method other than through the LimeLight.com site. In case you have been asked to use an alternative payment method, please report it immediately to Customer Support here.
- You agree to receive invoices and/or payment receipts from LimeLight in electronic form as PDF documents, by email or through the Site.
- By using any payment method and/or providing payment details for making purchases on LimeLight, you represent and warrant that: (a) you are legally authorized to provide such information; (b) you are legally authorized or have permission to make payments using the payment method(s); (c) if you are an employee or agent of a company or person that owns the payment method, you are authorized by that company or person to use the payment method to make payments on LimeLight; and (d) such actions do not violate any applicable law.
- You can pay on LimeLight in several different currencies. Unless stated otherwise, you will be charged in the currency displayed on the payment page. All currency exchange services in connection with payments in local currencies are performed by LimeLight’s Payment Services Providers. In certain cases, however, when certain currencies are not supported by certain payment methods, you will be charged in US$ even if the price is displayed in another currency. In any event, the actual charged amount (in the actual payment currency) will be clearly disclosed to you before you complete the payment.
- Your LimeLight Balance is always valued in US$, even if it is displayed in a non-US$ currency. Therefore, should you choose to view your LimeLight Balance in any currency other than US$, it may change daily in accordance with exchange rate fluctuations, while always maintaining the same US$ value. Users always have the option to view their LimeLight Balance in US$ by changing their selected displayed currency.
In certain instances, LimeLight may offer you points (“LimeLight Points” or “Points”), either for promotional purposes or otherwise, to be used for purchasing Postings and/or other services offered on the Site. Your available Point balance will appear in your account. Your valid LimeLight Points will be automatically applied to your next purchase and can be viewed in your order summary after you place the order. LimeLight Points serve only as an incentive to use LimeLight, and, therefore, are not redeemable for cash, have no cash value and are nonrefundable. Once used, LimeLight Points may not be returned to your account. LimeLight Points may be subject to additional conditions and restrictions as will be disclosed to You upon receipt of the Points. Points may be voided in the event of fraud, misuse, or violation of these Terms. LimeLight reserves the right to modify or cancel the LimeLight Points program at any time. If you or LimeLight deactivate or suspend your LimeLight account, any unused LimeLight Points in your account will be forfeited.
From time to time we may offer you promo codes for purchasing Postings and/or other services offered on the Site, on special discounts. Promo Codes are valid only for purchases on LimeLight and are subject to different time limitations and will expire after their predefined term. To exercise your promo code, simply enter the code on the checkout page. If you fail to do so, your purchase will not be eligible for the discount. Promo codes are limited to one use per user and may not be used or combined with any other promotion. Promo Codes do not apply to LimeLight Credits. Promo codes may be subject to additional conditions and restrictions as will be disclosed to you upon receipt of the promo codes. Promo codes may be voided in the event of fraud, misuse, or violation of the Terms of Service. LimeLight reserves the right to modify or cancel promo codes at any time.
- LimeLight may be required by applicable laws to charge users with indirect taxes (such as Sales Tax, VAT or GST) or to withhold taxes. Any amount LimeLight will be required to collect will be in addition to the purchase amount and any other fees payable by the Lime, and any amount LimeLight will be required to withhold will be deducted from the Light’s revenue, as required by applicable laws.
- Indirect taxes are in addition to the price shown on the site, and in any event, any such taxes will always be displayed to the Lime before payment.
- Users are responsible for paying any direct or indirect taxes, including any GST, VAT, or income tax, which may apply to them depending on residency, location or otherwise, under provisions of their jurisdiction.
Disputes and Cancellations
We encourage our Limes and Lights to try and settle conflicts amongst themselves. If for any reason this fails after using the Resolution Center or if you encounter non-permitted usage on the Site, users can contact LimeLight's Customer Support department for assistance here.
- Booking cancellations can be performed on LimeLight, when eligible, by Customer Support or through the Resolution Center per order.
- Filing a transaction dispute or reversing a payment through your payment provider or your bank is a violation of these Payment Terms. Doing so may get your account temporarily or permanently disabled. Note: Once you have filed a dispute with your payment provider, the funds will be ineligible for a refund due to our obligations towards the payment provider.
- In the event that you encounter an issue related to the service provided in a booking, you are encouraged to use the Site's dispute resolution tools to attempt to resolve the matter.
- LimeLight, through its Payment Services Provider, reserves the right to cancel bookings or place funds on hold for any suspected fraudulent transactions made on the Site.
- All transfer and assignment of intellectual property to the Light shall be subject to full payment and the delivery may not be used if payment is canceled for any reason.
- If an order is canceled (for any reason), the funds paid will be returned to the Lime’s LimeLight Balance.
Order and Cancellations
- LimeLight encourages Limes and Lights to resolve service disputes mutually using the Resolution Center.
- Eligibility for requests to LimeLight to cancel an order will be assessed by our Customer Support team based on a number of factors, including violations of our Terms of Service and/or our Community Standards, general misconduct, and improper usage of the LimeLight delivery system. See below for Order specific eligibility.
- Bookings are not eligible to be canceled based on the quality of service/materials delivered by the Light if the service was rendered as described in the Posting Page. You may rate your experience with the Light on the Review Page, including the overall level of service quality received.
- You must use LimeLight Resolution Center to address your concerns and desired resolution related to the service provided by their Light prior to contacting Customer Support. Customer Support will not take any action against Orders where the applicable has failed to inform their Light of issues related to the Light’s service and will allow Lights to provide a resolution first. This does not include non-permitted usage of LimeLight.
- Any non-permitted usage of LimeLight encountered during a Booking, after being reviewed by our Customer Support team, may result in the booking being canceled. This includes, but not limited to; harassment, unlawful behavior, or other violations of LimeLight’s Terms of Service.
- LimeLight Customer Support will cancel booking based on, but not limited to, the following reasons:
Active bookings (after requirements were submitted to the Light and before the Light delivers on LimeLight):
The Light is late and unresponsive for more than 24 hours while the booking is Late.
Users are abusive towards the other party through threats of low ratings or leveraging order materials (such as logins, personal information) against each other.
Users supplied or included copyright/trademark infringing materials as part of their requirements or the Light’s delivery.
The user is no longer an active LimeLight user due to Terms of Service violations or closure of their account.
Delivered Bookings (after the Light clicks Book and before the booking is marked as complete)
The Light delivers no files and/or proof of work related to the agreed upon order requirements. Note: Subjectivity of the materials in question will be reviewed by our Customer Support team.
The Light requests additional payments, on or off the LimeLight platform, by withholding the final delivery of services directly related to the agreed requirements.
The Light is withholding the final delivery of services for improved ratings.
Users who abuse the Request Revisions button to gain more services from Lights beyond the agreed requirements.
Users who threaten to leave a damaging review to gain more services from the Light not related to the agreed requirements.
Completed Orders (after the order is marked as complete and before the 14-day limitation)
Users who have been reported to use copyright/trademark infringing materials after verification and with proof.
Users who did not purchase commercial use rights and are reported to have used the materials commercially. Note: Terms of Commercial use are found on the Light’s Posting Page and cannot be retroactively included once the order is completed for over 14 days.
LimeLight Customer Support will review cases of Order delivery manipulation that prevents users from fully utilizing our Resolution Center that enabled the order to be marked as complete.
LimeLight reviews cases of payment provider chargebacks and disputes on behalf of Lights. Although results vary per case due to each chargeback reason, we work hard on resolving disputes in the Light’s favor. If the chargeback case allows, LimeLight (or one of LimeLight’s Payment Services Providers) will return parts or full revenue back to Lights, otherwise the chargeback amount will be borne by the Light.
- LimeLight does not automatically refund payments made for canceled orders back to your payment provider. Funds from order cancellations are returned to the Light’s LimeLight Balance and are available for future purchases on LimeLight. Until January 1, 2019, funds returned to your LimeLight Balance from canceled orders will not include service fees paid. As of January 1, 2019, LimeLight returns service fees to your LimeLight Balance once an order is canceled. In any event, if the service fees were not returned to your LimeLight Balance following an order cancelation, such service fees’ amount will be exempted from your next purchase on LimeLight.
- Deposit refunds (i.e. refunds directly to your payment provider) can be performed by our Customer Support team, based on the Order’s original payment amount and currency. To prevent fraud and abuse, we limit the total amount of times users can request a payment provider refund, which is subject to review by our Customer Support team. Such refunds may be subject to an additional fee.
- LimeLight may make changes to these Payment Terms from time to time. When these changes are made, LimeLight will make a new copy of the terms available on this page.
- You understand and agree that if you use LimeLight after the date on which the Payment Terms have changed, LimeLight will treat your use as acceptance of the updated Payment Terms.
Disclaimer of Warranties
YOUR USE OF THE SITE, ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE SITE, ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NEITHER LIMELIGHT NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH LIMELIGHT MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY OR AVAILABILITY OF THE SITE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Limitation on Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL LIMELIGHT, ITS AFFILIATES OR THEIR LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS OR DIRECTORS BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SITE, ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO IT, ANY CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE.
IN ACCEPTING LIABILITY AS THE LIMITED AUTHORIZED PAYMENT COLLECTION AGENT OF LIGHT, LIMELIGHT AND ITS AFFILIATES ASSUME NO LIABILITY FOR ANY ACTS OR OMISSIONS OF LIGHT.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY LIABILITY WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
The term “Affiliate” referred to herein, is an entity that, directly or indirectly, controls, or is under the control of, or is under common control with LimeLight, where control means having more than fifty percent (50%) voting stock or other ownership interest or the majority of voting rights of such entity.